An exciting opportunity has come up to work with our Paignton based client as a Senior PCB Layout Engineer. Our client designs for the Transmission BU R&D team. This team develops high performance transceivers and optical transmitters / receivers for high bit rate optical communication systems.
Design and layout of dense multilayer PCBAs for integrated optical transceiver modules and test boards. Work with hardware / mechanical design engineers on schematic capture, component placement and critical signal routing. Host layout design reviews with extended team. Load design files into Agile configuration management system. Interface with internal supply chain engineers and external PCB suppliers and PCBA assembly houses. Ownership of legacy designs and change management as required. Maintain component libraries and work across sites to drive common software tools and processes.
Key development tools include Mentor Graphics PADs, CAM350, Polar Si9000 and SolidWorks
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Delivery of error free designs in the required timeline that meet the performance requirements
• Product designs that are manufacturable in volume and show robustness through qualification
• Minimum of 10yrs experience in PCBA layout using specified tools
• Degree (or equivalent) in Electronics Engineering or related subjects.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
• Mentor Graphics PADs, CAM350 and SolidWorks
• Design of high density, multilayer PCBAs
• Agile documentation control and change managements systems
• Design for high volume manufacture
• Optical components, design and performance
• Manufacturing processes for optoelectronic devices
• Polar Si9000 RF impedance modelling software
• Travel to other client sites / supplier sites worldwide will be required