RF / Microwave Design Engineer
Remuneration: £45,000 Per Annum
BJD Group are excited to be recruiting for an RF/Microwave Design Engineer. The role is to work on a new seeker products with a fast paced programme within a dynamic team to develop RF/microwave sub-systems as part of the seeker development activities. This requires an engineer with broad skills in RF/microwave design with experience of designing sub-units mixed with analogue/digital electronics, programmable devices and MMIC technologies. The engineer must have a high degree of enthusiasm and a determination to deliver products to the right standard within the required timescales.
- Design and develop RF/microwave circuits for use in multimode seeker applications.
- Perform development test and integration activities on circuits and sub-assemblies in accordance with all relevant processes, standards and requirements.
- Produce and maintain test documentation associated with seeker hardware, including specifications, development test schedules and test result sheets.
- Oversee the transition of development hardware into series production, including robustness testing and qualification testing.
- Perform technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues.
- Essential to be degree qualified or equivalent with modules relating to RF, microwave or electronics.
- Desirable to have an education background including science subjects such as physics and ICT.
- Essential to be able to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader when required.
- Essential to have experience of product lifecycles from concept through to production.
- Essential be to be able to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
- Desirable to have system requirements experience relating to hardware implementation including creating specifications for MMIC technologies to source from external suppliers.
Package and Prospects
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What's in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
- You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker design, integration and manufacture.
- You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
What's great about the team?
- The successful candidate will be joining an established dynamic and focussed design team that have a range of skills and experience. The team also has some newer recruits that have integrated quickly within a supportive environment.
- The team have a common goal for the delivery of seeker hardware solutions that meets the customer's requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. The successful candidate will be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both the client and the customer.
- The project offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a specialist team managing technically challenging technology internally and using various specialist suppliers.
Please Note: Our client requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk