Qualification, integration and Proving Engineer
Remuneration: £45,000 Per Annum
BJD Group are excited to be recruiting for an Qualification, integration and Proving Engineer in Stevenage. This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements. The Qualification and Proving team are critical to the product development process, being closely involved through each stage of development.
- Supporting the Seeker proving strategy; engaging with customer representatives to ensure proving activities address all stakeholders' needs.
- Integrating and testing seeker sub-systems to ensure full system functionality and compliance against requirements.
- Support the development of seeker system functionality from modelling activities through to full production standard hardware.
- Carrying out technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues
- Influence system design to facilitate design proving and certification.
- Producing and maintaining test documentation associated with seeker sub-unit and seeker system level testing including development test schedules and test result sheets
- Participating in design reviews including assessing design maturity
- Managing external suppliers with procurement teams including visiting suppliers, assisting with first article inspection and technical issues
- Arranging test facilities to perform development and qualification activities, supporting facilities to perform trials
- Supporting the planning and reporting of integration activities, providing input to the Chief Systems Engineer on a regular basis
- Experience proving system level functionality, SW/FW integration and proving.
- Knowledge of RF/microwave and electronic systems, algorithm design and implementation.
- Familiarity with radar and control systems and digital signal processing an advantage
- Ability to diagnose system failures and their likely causes: hardware/software/firmware/design.
- Experience of working with other teams including systems and manufacturing
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers
- An understanding of model based design proving techniques and approaches
- Use of DOORS and RTC.
- Other Skills and Experience
- Developed sense of commercial and financial awareness
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Willingness to learn about projects, tools & methods
- Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
- Ability to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader when required
- Familiarity with project control and reporting an advantage
Package and Prospects
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What's in it for you?
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including input into the manufacture process. There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker qualification and proving.
- Qualification Testing – assessing requirements, developing test schemes with the systems team and performing testing to allow the qualification of a seeker product for intended platforms.
- Certification - supporting certification of products, including trials installations, including safety and dependability, hazard analysis, creating operating procedures for trials.
- Trials Support – building up seeker hardware and test equipment from requirements to allow evaluation of design from concept through to system level trials on various platforms.
- Seeker Integration – integrating seeker system subcomponents including developing test solutions for development and certification.
- Opportunity for working closely with SD&S Italy, including possible secondment
- A mixture of formal and on the job training will be available to introduce new concepts and build on existing skills and experience
Please Note: Our client requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk