Structural Dynamics Engineer / Analyst
Remuneration: £50,000 - £60,000 Per Annum
BJD Group are excited to be recruiting for a Structural Dynamics Engineer / Analyst in Stevenage. Do you have the drive and aptitude to juggle and deliver your expertise across multiple projects? The creativity and personality to work with others to derive holistic solutions to technically challenging problems? There is the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that will stretch your skills and imagination as a Structural Dynamics Engineer. Working for an internationally recognised company, delivering leading edge military systems, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our client's products deliver the necessary performance against key customer requirements.
- Investigating the dynamic behaviour of whole missile systems and mechanical sub-systems, by:
o Drawing on your understanding of structural dynamics;
o Participating and managing others to carry out hand calculations and apply numerical based tools (e.g. Optistruct, RADIOSS, NASTRAN);
o Deriving evidence on which to base structural performance decisions and evidence in preparation for full-scale flight and environmental trials;
o Proposing and analysing standard and novel approaches for mitigating the dynamic response of mechanical systems and sub-systems;
o Managing and guiding trials teams to deliver test requirements that you have generated.
- Work on projects spanning the whole product lifecycle, from concept through to in-service.
- The main point of contact with internal and external customers, stakeholders and suppliers on assigned projects.
- Delivering verbal and written reports to ratify design and equipment dynamic performance decisions.
- Managing the delivery of work through individuals and teams that you may directly manage.
- Building our client's future dynamic analysis capabilities and technical competence to deliver dynamic investigations, by:
o Generating/working on ideas supported by internally funded research;
o Disseminating your skills and knowledge across the stakeholder community.
- Ideally degree/Doctorate qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Experience applying numerical based tools (e.g. Optistruct, RADIOSS, NASTRAN) to investigate and analyse structural dynamic (e.g. modal, vibration and shock) problems.
- Good understanding of:
o The test methods (e.g. multi-axis and MIMO) for evaluating the dynamic (e.g. modal, vibration, crash) responses of structures.
o Non-linear dynamic effects and the structural damage caused by vibration.
o Methods for mitigate vibration and shock effects in structures
- Experience planning and analysing the results from dynamic tests and using these to validate Finite Element Model predictions.
- Individuals with good problem solving skills who, are self-motivated and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Past experience reviewing formal documents/deliverables on projects.
- Experience leading and managing small teams in the delivery of projects.
- Relevant experience in an equivalent or comparable industry.
- Previous experience identifying and delivering capability and technical improvements.
Package and Prospects
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What's in it for you?
- Fulfilling work that will stretch and grow your technical knowledge and competencies.
- Working for a company that places a strong emphasis on looking after the welfare and development of its staff.
- Various opportunities to help you develop your skills and knowledge through both structured and ‘on the job' training.
- Extensive opportunities to develop and build your networks and reputation across the organisation.
- Opportunity to shape the development of our client's structural dynamics capabilities.
What's great about the team?
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to improve its effectiveness and influence across the organisation.
- A supportive environment where people feel valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Delivers high priority work that is pivotal to thermally clearing our client's military systems.
Please Note: Our client requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk