Network Enabled Weapons Communication Systems Lead
Remuneration: £45,000 - £55,000 Per Annum
BJD Group are excited to be recruiting for a Network Enabled Weapons Communication Systems Lead role based in Bristol. This is a rare opportunity to be a key player in the Communications Team in a Network Enabled Weapon Project. The Communication Systems Lead role will be key to further develop the Network Enabled Weapons (NEW) capabilities for our client, apply them on current development projects, and to ensure they are sustained for application to future projects. Working with the Head of the Communications Domain, you will ensure that the network implementation on our product is fit for purpose and will operate coherently when integrated into the military platforms.
The responsibilities of the Communication Systems Lead are to:
- Set the strategy for, and manage, all systems engineering activities within the Network Enabled Weapons Communications Team, ensuring a cohesive and consistent specification and qualified design solution for the Link 16 communications functions ona weapon system.
- Manage the iSMART process for the Link 16 implementation through to integration onto the aircraft platform.This will include both technical development and documentation and relevant stakeholder management.
- Own the post-launch Link 16 interface definition.
- Support the development / specification of Network Enabled Weapons variants and integration of them onto aircraft platforms in respect of Link 16 and from a systems perspective.
- Promote a wider technical Link 16 systems capability in the communications team, including interoperability management, through development of less experienced engineers in or joining the team.
- Develop a respected position in the MoD NEW policy forum in respect of our client as a key implementer of weapon systems with networked capability.
- Embrace and promote the practice of domain engineering.
- Promote a safe, secure and healthy environment
- Commitment –You will be able to demonstrate your ability to further develop a sustainable capability in Network Enabled Weapon Communications – development of technical knowledge and system understanding to ensure our products are successful
- Passion – You will be able to demonstrate a high level of passion for NEWs and Communication Technologies to supportnetwork enabled systems. You will have apassion for project delivery, personal development & learning and people management
- Team Spirit – You will be able to demonstrate that youhave the ability to inspire and lead your team to success, people in your team and in other projects, as well as external stakeholders, to the positive benefit of the project. You must have the energy and resilience to drive forward good ideas to completion and positively influence others. Further, you must possess the ability to positively engage with, and bring along with you, both main project, other project and external stakeholders to understand and appreciate the advantages that the ‘network' part of NEW brings to the weapon system.
- Integrity – You will be seen as one of the key leaders in Network Enabled Weapon Communications and will be considered a role model for others. You will need to gain the trust and confidence of everyone involved in the project, and wider
- Innovation – You will need to respond positively to the need for continuous improvement and find better, more efficient ways to deliver your inputs to the clients products
Package and Prospects
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What's in it for you?
- You will have a deep technical involvement in an exciting project at an exciting point in the product lifecycle. Network Enabled Weapons are a game-changing capability and you could be part of their development
- You will gain a technical understanding of Tactical Data Links, in particular Link 16, and radio frequency technologies and products
- You will be part of a high performing team and functional department with your personal and professional development at the centre of its mission
- The role could develop into a Technical Expert role, depending upon the quality of the successful candidate
- You will represent the project and company in international meetings
- You will develop strong relationships with all internal and external key stakeholders.
What's great about the team?
- The team consists of a set of very capable and high performing individuals
- The team is well established and very motivated to deliver what is required
Please Note: Our client requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk