Operational Analyst Team Leader
Remuneration: £55,000 - £65,000
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join the Operational Analysis (OA) sector in a senior position. The focus for the team is on how future products will be used and how they can contribute to operational capability for the customer in a cost-effective way
What are we looking for?
• We are looking for an experienced analyst, who has the ability to inspire and develop a team in a fast paced environment.
• You will be comfortable operating in an environment where there is frequent change, uncertainty and ambiguity, where you will use your skills and experience to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
• You will have the ability to engage a disparate range of stake holders internally and externally in the customer community, where you will build and develop robust relationships.
• An appreciation and understanding of the military operational environment would be beneficial.
What's in it for you?
• The successful candidate will be able to grow and develop in the role, they will be able to set technical direction and provide an inspirational and creative working environment.
• You will be able to keep up to date with the latest techniques and developments in the industry, allowing you to exploit your high level view and systems thinking to work at ‘system', ‘system of system' and ‘portfolio' levels.
• You will be supporting the conceptual development of future weapon systems in air, land and maritime domains.
• You will have the opportunity to interact with the Military User, Dstl and the wider customer community, as well as the analytical and technical community within the UK defence industry.
What would you get?
• Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What's great about the team?
• The team has a wide range of internal customers, which provides a high level view of the business and lots of variety in all domains: Air to Air, Air Defence, Surface Attack, Strike & Battlefield.
• Tasks are relatively short duration and we often have to respond at short notice.
• Working with internal and external stakeholders to scope, plan and deliver a wide range of OA, experimentation and decision support studies.
• Supporting the development of OA functional capability, through the development of people, tools and methods and knowledge management activities
• Supporting the Head of OA with a range of management activities, including progress reporting, resource planning and people management activities
Typical activities include:
• Identifying and exploring User needs and requirements
• Effectiveness studies (typically supporting design trade-offs, or comparisons of system options),Cost-effectiveness studies and Force mix studies
• Developing an outline concept of employment (CONEMP) and identifying effective tactics for future weapon systems
• Building understanding the Future Operating Environment including development of vignettes and scenarios
• A wide range of tools and techniques are used including:
• Application of qualitative and statistical techniques
• Simulation and modelling using established in-house tools (developed by another team)
• Ad hoc models developed in a spreadsheet, MATLAB or simulation package
Please Note: Our Client requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk