Lead Developer C# C++
Reports to: Head of Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation Stevenage
• We have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate developer within our simulation and experimentation team. We are looking for a developer to take a lead role and apply agile methodology to produce simulation components for one of the weapon system.
• This is a hands-on role requiring development of simulation software in C#/C++
What are we looking for?
• Ideally engineering degree qualified or equivalent experience
• Experience of simulation standards (DIS and HLA)
• Practical software engineering and/or System integration experience
• C#/C++ development including web services
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
What's in it for you?
• Joining a end-user focused team to deliver innovative solutions using the latest technologies.
• Manage and maintain effective relationships with Internal and External Customers plus other Functions to deliver Weapon System programmes.
• Opportunity to work with International Teams, with some international travel.
• Work that combines the skills of broad view Systems Engineering and technical challenges of Synthetic Environment Engineering
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
• Use agile techniques to lead the technical management of a small software development team to meet the weapon system requirements.
• Development (using agile scrum methodologies) of real-time software components to simulate the weapon systems.
• Integration of simulink models and real hardware components.
What's great about the team?
• You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
• You will be working with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
• You will be joining a team delivering advanced International Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
Please Note: Our Client requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk