Engineering Manager RF/Microwave/IR System Hardware
Remuneration: £60,000 - £65,000
This role is to work on a new seeker product with a fast paced programme within a dynamic team to manage the seeker development activities. The seeker must be fit for purpose for its intended use against requirements including a particular emphasis on the assessment and introduction of cost reduction improvements as the design evolves.
• Manage the design, integration and performance testing, seeker performance including the delivery of development hardware for trials and demonstration.
• Manage the multidiscipline teams including mechanical, electronics, firmware, software and test equipment.
• Define the seeker design definition and configuration including managing the design baselines through the development lifecycle to the required quality controls and traceability.
• Identify risks and also mitigation activities including cost down activities including managing the delivery of improvements to meet customer expectations.
• Control non-conformances identified during development build and test and manage the root cause analysis and corrective actions to conclusion.
• Support the Chief Design Engineer in reporting the technical progress and spend against the funded plans and justify additional activities including funding requirements.
• Work with the design team to verify that the performance of supplied parts is suitable against requirements including reviewing test documentation and test results.
What's in it for you?
• This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
• You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
• You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
• There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker integration, trials and manufacture.
• You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
What's great about the team?
• The successful candidate will be joining a developing dynamic design team that have a range of skills and experience. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role and assist with forming the design team.
• The team have a common goal for the delivery of a seeker hardware solution that meets the customer's requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. The successful candidate will be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both business and the customer.
• The project offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a specialist team managing technically challenging technology w using various specialist suppliers.
What are we looking for?
• Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with modules or experience relating to RF / electronics.
• Desirable to have an education background including science subjects such as physics and ICT.
• Essential to be able to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader.
• Essential to have some experience of product lifecycles from concept through to production.
• Essential be to be able to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
• Essential to have experience of project management and cost control.
Please Note: Our Client requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk