Antenna Design Engineer
BJD Group are recruiting for an Integration Engineer for our prestigious global client in the Stevenage Area.
Our Client have a fantastic opportunity to join the Seeker and Datalink Systems team as an Antenna Design Engineer, the successful candidate will join the dynamic team to develop antennas for Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) and wideband passive sensors, working as part of a fast paced programme to deliver new seeker products.
They are looking for an engineer with broad skills in Antenna design including simulation, prototyping and measurement, for a wide range of antenna types and experience in the post-processing of data in Matlab to apply beamforming and Direction of Arrival estimation techniques.
• The role encompasses the detailed design of novel Antennas for the next generation of multimode seekers
• This position involves the design and development of novel antenna sub-system solutions to support higher level product developments.
• Electromagnetic modelling
• The role involves overseeing the transition of development hardware into series production, including robustness testing and qualification testing.
• Support production by performing technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues.
• The role will also involve making technical contributions where extensive and diversified knowledge of antenna principles are necessary; assisting less experienced members of the team as required.
• There will be a demand to work closely with RF Engineers, Seeker Systems team, EO & IR Sensor team and the Guidance, Control and Navigation team, along with other related teams such as Component Engineering, PCB Design/Layout, Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing.
What's in it for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to apply your skills within a growing company and multi-skilled team. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
What's great about the role?
• You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
• You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture
• There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker design, integration and manufacture.
• You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
What are we looking for?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate the majority of the following attributes:
• Likely to be degree qualified in Electronic Engineering, Physics or a closely related subject, preferably specialising in antennas and EM propagation.
• Proven experience in antenna design and product development covering a range of microwave frequencies; experience of UHF and/or frequencies in excess of X-band an advantage.
• Solid knowledge on EM theory and expertise with EM simulation tools such as CST or HFSS; experience of using these tools in a High-Performance Computing Cluster would be an advantage
• Experience with the characteristics and design of various antenna types is required.
• Ability to perform post-processing of data using tools such as Matlab or Mathcad is required.
• Good knowledge of transmission line theory and impedance matching circuits.
• Knowledge of Radar Cross Section analysis and techniques for signature control would be desirable.
• Hands-on experience performing S-parameter measurements and antenna pattern measurements, using anechoic chambers in development and production lab environments observing ESD precautions and quality controls, including an ability to instruct external test houses, is essential.
Please Note: Our Client requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk