Head of Engineering
Remuneration: £65,000 + Car Allowance
BJD Group are exclusively recruiting a Head of Engineering for our client based in Watford.
They are offering a salary of up to £65,000 + Car Allowance.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading consumer manufacturing business that produces own label products as well as contract manufacturing on behalf on their valued customers. Based in Watford our client works hard to change the lives of its customers in a positive and enriching way.
The Head of Engineering will take the lead on driving an Engineering Function with the values of continuous improvement (People and Process) at the heart of what it does. He or she will ensure that the Engineering function is supportive of the wider business objectives through the delivery of world class performance across safety, reliability, quality, cost and delivery. Further responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
• Seek out opportunities to review the current capital portfolio and ensure it is fit for purpose or change where appropriate.
• Lead, coach, develop and mentor the engineering to ensure people development through your direct reports or directly.
• Creates a reliable plant & equipment lifecycle plan and support this with a structured capital investment plan.
• Create a Preventative Maintenance culture through the identification of common trends of engineering downtime and the introduction of preventative measures where appropriate.
• Takes responsibility for the delivery and budgetary control of capital spend on site. The commissioning and installing of new equipment in line with company budgets as well as HSE factors.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Engineering will have a proven track record in the delivery of world class engineering teams and performance within an FMCG or related regulated environment.
He or she will have led teams of at least 15 engineers in the past and been part of a change management programme that led to increases in efficiency and profitability whilst building a positive, collaborative culture.
As a proven change agent, the Head of Engineering will have an excellent track record of delivering OPEX programmes and will likely have some form of Lean/Six Sigma accreditation.
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk