Job Title: Shunter / Vehicle Service Operator
Location: Warrington, WA5 4AH
Salary: £13.48 per hour
Contract Type: Temporary ongoing but may lead to permanency
Hours of work: 4 on 4 off 18.00-06.00
A recognised high street brand who are now expanding their operations in the UK is seeking a Shunter / Vehicle Service Operator to join its team. This site has modern and impressive fleet.
In this role, you will ensure the cleanliness of the transport yard, conduct vehicle preparation and temperature control of the client's fleet in line with company policies and standard operating procedures.
As the Shunter / Vehicle Service Operator, your duties will be to:
To be a successful Shunter / Vehicle Service Operator you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ensure vehicles are cleaned and ready for use in a roadworthy condition, according to demand.
- Always maintain the cleanliness of vehicles by washing the exteriors, sanitising the trailers as well as cleaning and tidying the interiors.
- Control the movement of vehicles within the yard ensuring the correct vehicles are available for loading and loaded vehicles are removed from the bays in a timely manner.
- Ensure all vehicles are re-fuelled prior to departure and perform daily vehicle checks to ensure the vehicles are safe for use by HGV drivers.
- Ensure any vehicle defects, vehicle accident or damage is reported to the Transport Office at the earliest opportunity.
- Support Drivers and Warehouse team in the unloading of vehicles when required.
- Assist Drivers in deliveries and conduct Driver pick-ups as and when required.
- Transportation of vehicles between site and Vehicle Service Company to support the collection and delivery of vehicles for repair, maintenance, and service subject to holding the appropriate class of vehicle license.
- Comply with all legal and Company policies and procedures regarding health and safety.
- Similar experience ideally gained within a Transport environment.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Legislation and Food Safety Standards would be beneficial.
- CAT B driving license with no penalty points, full shunter training will be provided on site.
- Excellent team player
For further information or to apply for this exciting opportunity, please call 01978 291 565 or email cv to email@example.com