This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and forward thinking Distribution Manager to help run a new, fast moving warehousing environment. Transport Operations will be a key part of this role also. The position is based in Portsmouth.
The ideal candidate would have experience in FMCG 3PL environments.
Salary is £45,000
Day shifts.- Monday to Friday standard working hours.
Market leading 3PL working on an FMCG contract.
As Distribution Manager you will have responsibility for a fast paced Transport and Warehouse operation. You will be managing a highly time sensitive environment and will need previous experience in FMCG operations.
- Plan and coordinate the operational teams by providing clear communications, motivation and development.
- Improving site performance and culture
- Working with key partners both internally and externally you will participate in and lead meetings with customers, retailers and suppliers to manage and control performance of the Operation and staff to ensure continuity and efficiency in line with all legal requirements to provide the highest quality service.
- A strong, experienced People Manager, your role will include the coaching and development of your team and be directly involved in the shaping of a range of people related initiatives including recruitment, performance and succession planning as well as maintaining department standards to ensure a high-quality,.
- Budget control, KPI management
- People focussed and excellent motivator
To apply of the role of Distribution Manager you will have previous experience running a time critical manufacturing environment within FMCG.
You will also have:
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- CPC National and International Road Haulage Qualification
- Proven experience of national transport operations management in the logistics industry
- Experience of managing people
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise across all areas within a multi-matrixed organisation
- Proven track record in delivering continuous improvement within a warehouse operation.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £45,000 + 5% bonus + Car. This is also an exciting opportunity to develop your career with successful organisation where you will be able to grow and develop with the success of the business.