A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Traffic Planner to join a large, established and growing logistics provider.
The Company are looking for a Traffic Planner, to specifically look after the HGV fleet.
This role is working to a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. These are 12 hour day shifts.
As Traffic Planner you will become a key member of the planning team based on site in Droitwich. Devising cost effective, next day or planned transport plans for a fleet of Class 1 and Class 2 vehicles, including backhauling.
This is a dynamic, fast paced role where you will need to adjust plans to accommodate last minute changes in orders from clients. This role is everything in planning, from load fills, vehicle earnings to getting the vehicle from A to B; this is not just a scheduling role.
- Working with customers/suppliers/drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Prioritising workload, route planning driver brief and de-brief
- Liaise with other depots within the Company
- Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
- Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Maintain computerised system such as Stirling. Have the skills to use excel spread sheet
- A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force
- Good geographical knowledge
- Booking driver agency staff depending on workload
To be considered you must have a minimum of 2 years’ transport planning experience, ideally gained within a fast paced, logistics provider.
- Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation including drivers hours and fleet requirements
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- A driven transport professional with the ability work under pressure
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £24,000 and additional benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.
Based in Droitwich Spa it is commutable from:
- Shelsley Walsh
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
If you are interested please email or phone 01858 455 098 quoting Reference GW/011213