A fantastic role within a leading Freight Forwarder has arisen. The role of Freight Administrator is ideal for a junior freight professional looking for a step into a large 3PL based in Grays.
My client is continuously looking to expand further and have a very open and friendly culture where suggestions and ideas are always encouraged. This role is based at their large, sophisticated, operation in Grays.
To assist with the smooth running of the freight operation by providing a competent interface with all freight departments and associated third parties. There are no supervisory responsibilities although you will be expected to instruct drivers according to operational requirements.
- To control the issue of allocated work to drivers according to the schedule. To maintain the integrity of the schedule and inform the Team Leader of any issues.
- To debrief drivers according to correct procedure.
- To control the ordering and delivery of fuel.
- Selecting approved suppliers whilst considering cost and commercial viability
- To collate and maintain records in accordance with legislative requirements.
- To ensure all tachograph discs are scanned and drivers’ run sheets are collected.
- To behave in accordance with the Company values and support corporate and site policies and objectives.
- To comply with the Company Health & Safety rules and requirements at all times and take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others
- To cover for the Team Leader as and when required
- Accurate input of data
- To carry out any other duties as required, including Helpdesk and other clerical duties within the department
- Assist in the processing of both sales and purchase invoices
The job holder will be required to work under pressure and occasionally without immediate supervision. Good communication skills will be ‘key’ and attention to detail is paramount as the role includes the recording of key data. An understanding of general principles of transport will be expected to be applied and you will be required to exercise judgement when dealing with queries from drivers, customers and other departments.
- Good understanding of the general principles of a Transport Operation.
- Freight Forwarding knowledge and experience
- Ideally educated to GCSE standard, with qualifications in English and Maths.
- Experience within a busy operational office environment
- Familiar with Microsoft software packages, including Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written