BJD Group has been engaged to find an ambitious Transport Manager, for a fast growing production and distribution business. The position is based at their operation in Middlesbrough.
The salary on offer is £28,000.
A fast growing production and distribution Company, who have experienced 100% growth in the last 12 months.
As Transport Manager your will lead a small team of drivers ensuring that the distribution team operates safely, providing the highest level of service to customers, whilst ensuring the operations are optimised as efficiently as possible.
You will also be a key part of the management team driving key efficiencies and improving driving and safety standards. You will also be heavily responsible for the man management, accident investigation, sickness, absence, G&D, so previous experience will be needed.
Your other responsibilities include:
- Organise your driver team and mixed fleet of vehicles to ensure adequate staffing and performance levels are achieved and that the transport operations achieves customer service levels
- Monitor and analysis vehicle and performance data to ensure achievement of performance targets and identify improvement opportunities
- Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Effective planning and utilising the fleet to it’s maximum potential
- Effective driver de-briefing.
To apply for the position of Transport Manager, you must already have gained management experience with in a transport operation. You will have passion for customer service and an engaging management style. You must also possess.
- National CPC holder
- Knowledge of transport legislation
- Experience of managing change projects & process improvements
- Problem solving skills
- HGV License desirable, not needed to drive but for knowledge purposes.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of £28,000 + benefits + contributory pension. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and established business at key stage in their operational development.
Based in Middlesbrough it is commutable from
Newcastle upon Tyne
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
If you are interested please phone 01858 455 098 quoting Reference CC/011215
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.