Our client is the one of the UK’s most prestigious manufactures.
Key duties include
- Early and urgent work will include a significant improvement to supplier rejects working with all managers and the Purchasing Manager in particular.
- This work will include compiling information on supplier rejects in particular by product and supplier. A monthly, graphical dashboard showing rejects. The exact format will be agreed with the Operations Manager.
- The QE will agree an action plan after reviewing the above data which will lead to a significant and sustained level of supplier reject parts.
- It is anticipated that the company will look to implement a QMS within the business. It is expected that the QE will have sufficient understanding and knowledge of BS EN ISO 9001 2015 to play a leading role in the compiling and implementation of a compliant QMS thereafter Maintaining the company’s Quality Management System.
- Visit suppliers as directed by the Operation manager to instil in suppliers the quality standards.
- Ensure supplier reject material is promptly returned and categorised as necessary.
- Prioritise the reduction of supplier reject cabinets in particular and other critical components. These should be measured and graphed by supplier and overall.
- Determine by measurement and graphics hotspots which quality issues most effect delivery performance and output.
- Establish and document quality critical procedures which address these areas in particular.
- Investigate quality issues which may be reported either from Sales as well as internal sources.
- Lead quality initiatives and Kaizan events.
- Provide quality training as required.
- Introduce concept of 5 whys or similar tools for establishing the root cause.
- Encourage and lead the use of Six Sigma as an improvement tools (desirable).
- Develop a procedure for Investigation of customer complaints and ensure that the type and frequency are logged and graphed as a KPI.
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Positive representative of the business
It may be necessary to undertake visits to suppliers or possibly customers. Such visits may on
occasions require overnight stops away from the home office.
Salary will be negotiable to £35,000, dependant on relevant experience, other benefits and some relocation support if appropriate.
In return, you can expect a salary in the region of £35,000, and you will be working for a major player in the UK sound market.
Based in Luton it is commutable from:
Welwyn Garden City