2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer
Remuneration: £25,000 - £32,000 Per Annum
BJD Group are recruiting for a 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer for our prestigious client in the Grantham area.
As a 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Providing 2nd line desktop / server / network support covering Microsoft windows technologies
- Complete remote & onsite visits to client premises to resolve incidents and carry out service requests
- Assisting with upgrades to systems & software
- Taking ownership of more complex incidents raised by the Service Desk Engineers and more junior members of the team
We are looking for someone who has had previous experience or come from a background within a 2nd service desk/desktop support role who is now looking to progress there career to the next step within a successful organisation with more responsibility.
You must have had previous experience in:
• Microsoft Desktop operating systems (Windows 7/8/8.1/10)
• Microsoft Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016)
• Microsoft products including Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Office 365
• Experience with PowerShell/VBScript scripting.
• Knowledge of Antivirus and security products
• VEEAM Backup and Replication technology
• Switch/router & associated network component configuration
• A valid full UK driving licence
The following are advantageous skills although not essential:
• MCP or equivalent professional qualification
• ITIL Foundation level qualification
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £32,000 Per Annum for the right candidate working in a fast paced & friendly environment with other benefits including 30 days paid holiday (Including Bank Holidays) & a company pension scheme as well as a generous life assurance cover.
Based in Grantham.
The role is commutable from:
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk