2nd/3rd Line Desktop Support Engineer
Remuneration: £30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
BJD Group are recruiting for a 2nd/3rd Line Desktop Support Engineer for our prestigious client in the Grantham area.
As a 2nd/3rd Line Desktop Support Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Providing 2nd line desktop support covering Microsoft windows technologies with some 3rd line duties
- Assisting with upgrades to systems & software
- Acting as an escalation point and providing mentoring for more junior staff within the service desk/desktop support department
- Taking ownership of more complex incidents raised by the Service Desk Engineers
- Find areas of improvement within the current process & implement change by creating scripts for other more junior members of the team to follow.
We are looking for someone who has had previous experience or come from a background within a 2nd / 3rd Line service desk/desktop support role who is now looking to progress there career to the next step within a successful organisation with more responsibility.
You must have had previous experience in:
• Microsoft Desktop operating systems (Windows 7/8/8.1/10)
• Microsoft Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016)
• Microsoft products including Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Office 365
• Experience with PowerShell/VBScript scripting.
• Knowledge of Antivirus and security products
• VEEAM Backup and Replication technology
• A valid full UK driving licence
The following are advantageous skills although not essential:
• ITIL Foundation level qualification
• VCP OR CCNA qualifications
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £35,000 Per Annum for the right candidate working in a fast paced & friendly environment with other benefits including 30 days paid holiday (Including Bank Holidays) & a company pension scheme as well as a generous life assurance cover.
Based in Grantham.
The role is commutable from:
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk