The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, customer focussed, Transport Controller to join a fast growing 3rd Party Logistics provider.
The position is based in Peterborough on the Customers Site, with a salary of up to £25,000 working Monday – Friday 10am – 7pm.
A 3PL provider working within a dedicated Distribution Centre for the Customer
• Maintaining excellent customer relations whilst managing delivery performance.
• Liaising with drivers, partners and internal customers to provide an excellent service.
• Efficient and proactive resolution of any delivery issues.
• Creating and updating load Manifests
• Booking in deliveries with customers.
• Entering/Updating jobs onto the transport management system.
• Proactive tracking of jobs and effective communication of delivery status to the customer.
• Preparation of any transport jobs and paperwork as and when required.
The role is expected to expand shortly and will a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their career.
To apply of the positions of Transport Controller you must have several years experience in a similar level role, with responsibility in a customer focussed operation.
• Experience of working in a customer focused transport operation.
• Self-motivated, resilient, ambitious and enthusiastic.
• Excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
• Knowledge of Tachograph regulations/legislation and other RSA legislation (preferred but not essential)
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary circa £25,000 (dependant on experience)
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with successful organisation within an ever changing environment where the impact of your work will be highly visible across the organisation.
Based in Peterborough this role is commutable from:
• Market Deeping
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.