BJD Group has been engaged to find a high calibre and ambitious International Transport Planner, for a Logistics company based in Dover.
The salary on offer is up to £26,500 plus company benefits.
An international trucking company that operate a modern fleet of specialist HGVs & trailers that are capable of listing & moving all types of cargo throughout the UK & Europe.
As a International Transport Planner you will lead the form a key member of the team planning European distribution, providing the highest level of service to customers, whilst ensuring the operations are optimised as efficiently as possible with a strong commercial aspect.
Your other responsibilities include:
• Organise your driver team and mixed fleet of vehicles to ensure adequate staffing and performance levels are achieved and that the transport operations achieves customer service levels
• Monitor and analysis vehicle and performance data to ensure achievement of performance targets and identify improvement opportunities
• Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
• Effective planning and utilising the fleet to it's maximum potential
• Effective driver de-briefing.
To apply for the position of International Transport Manager, you must already have gained management experience with in a transport operation. You will have passion for the commercials, customer service and an engaging management style. You must also possess.
• Expert knowledge of transport legislation
• Knowledge of European road networks
• Experience of managing change projects & process improvements
• Problem solving skills
• Additional Language skills - ideal
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Transport Management Systems.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary up to £26,500. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and established business at key stage in their operational development.
Based in Dover it is commutable from:
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk