Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an aspirational Freight Clerk to be based in Purfleet. The salary on offer is between £20,000 - £23,000 for the right candidate.
The company is an international logistics business distributed a specialist product across the world.
Role & Responsibilities
To assist the European departments, working in a fast paced, busy environment, in meeting the customers requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company procedures and statutory requirements to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
• Liaise / co-ordinate with internal and external customers, ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained.
• Ensure effective/timely communication with customers and employees to ensure smooth running of the department.
• Undertake invoicing in accordance with instructions and rates issued.
• Input data into computer systems as directed to ensure timely and accurate information available.
• Arrange with approved carriers for transport of cargo to maximize cost effectiveness.
• Work with sales department to ensure new business is effectively brought into the branch.
• Be involved in the continuous improvement program and grow the branch customer base and profit.
The ideal candidate will come from a Freight background with experience in both Export and Import. European Groupage experience and knowledge is highly desirable and the willing to succeed in a successful logistics operation.
Based in Thurrock, the role is commutable from Grays, Purfleet, South Ockendon, North Ockendon, Tilbury, Stanford Le Hope, Rainham, Dagenham.