Warehouse Operations Controller
Remuneration: Up to £40,000.
The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, customer focussed, Warehouse Operations Controller to join a market leading 3rd Party Logistics provider on their dedicated site.
The position is based in Wellingborough, with a salary of up to £38,000 + £2,000 Shift allowance for nights.
There is either a fixed day shift. 4 on 4 off 8am-8pm
A fixed night shift. 4 on 4 off 8pm-8am
This position is for a busy, multi temperature food and drink distribution site, so experience in a similar environment would be beneficial.
As Warehouse Operations Controller you will be managing and overseeing activities in a highly fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience to lead, influence and motivate others. You will be a self-starter with the flexibility and work ethic to drive for improvement in a fast growing company.
Key responsibilities include;
• Ensuring the Warehouse and Head Office deliver high operational efficiency and are in line with the deadlines and targets set in place by Directors
• Managing supervisors in the Warehouse and overseeing warehouse operatives, stock and logistic teams
• Creating and improving on new procedures & processes striving for continuous improvement
• Managing goods in/out – including inbound and outbound transportation, paperwork handling and quality control
• Stock Management – including managing stoke takes, care of products and space management
• Budget control, KPI management
• People focussed and excellent motivator
• Ensuring all Health and Safety procedures are observed and having the ability to create and implement policies and conduct risk assessments
To apply of the role of Warehouse Operations Controller you will ideally have previous experience managing a face paced environment within the Food and Drink FMCG industry.
You will also have:
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to build relationships at all levels
• Experience implementing KPI's and operation processes
• A strategic, analytical thinker with the ability to accurately prioritise tasks and work load