The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, customer focussed, Transport Manager for a unique furniture provider. The position is based in NW (London), with a salary of up to £35,000 – for the right Candidate
A significant Furniture provider operating own vans and cars.
As Transport Manager you will be managing a 24/7 operation, responsible for all the Transport and a small operation team, whilst building rapport between internal departments and customers, to ensure smooth running of the whole fleet.
You will manage a fleet of 3.5t vans and a team of 20 drivers.
• Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
• Ensure the operation consistently meets the requirements of the business via management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ensure the operations comply with all relevant transport legislation and runs safely.
• Contract ownership in a highly customer facing role.
• Ensure the fleet is running efficiently
To apply for the position of Transport Manager, you must have already had management responsibility for running a fast paced transport operation, with again a key focus on customer service.
• Demonstrable knowledge of relevant transport legislation, including tachographs and Working Time Directive (WTD)
• Excellent people management and leadership skills
• National or International CPC
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of circa £35,000
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with successful organisation within an ever changing environment where the impact of your work will be highly visible across the organisation.
Based in NW London area it is commutable from:
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk