Remuneration: £26,000 - £28,000
BJD Group is recruiting a Procurement Manager for an established manufacturing company.
They are offering a fantastic package including a salary of up to £28,000.
As Procurement Manager you will partner with key business stakeholders to establish planning & procurement strategies. You will focus on continuous improvement in sourcing and supply and will be responsible for the planning of all production resources.
In your role your responsibilities will include:
• Raise purchase orders and confirm purchase order
• Ensure purchase orders reflect demand and forecasted requirements
• Review supplier order acknowledgements
• Monitor outstanding deliveries
• Resolve supplier invoicing queries
• Strong support and reliable interaction at all times.
• Participate in initiatives to improve safety, quality and efficiency
• Adopt a philosophy of continuous improvement
• Identify suppliers to negotiate improved pricing, lead times and service for existing materials
• Perform analysis of market research data, making recommendations related to supplier choice and supply chain risks.
To apply for the role of Procurement Manager, you must also possess:
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills and pay a high attention to detail
• Demonstrable knowledge of supply chain principles in practice, including planning
• Effective communicator
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business, Supply Chain, Finance (desirable)
• MCIPS accredited or working towards.
• Experience of negotiating complex contracts.
• Effective use and management of ERP-systems (e.g. Advanced, SAP, LMS etc).
• A proven track record of implementing and improving planning processes and systems to improve service within a Manufacturing to Retail operation is highly desirable.
• Be able to demonstrate operational improvements
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £28,000
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk