The BJD Group is a logistics and supply chain recruitment specialist based near Market Harborough in Leicestershire. In 2013 we became part of the Pertemps Network Group (PNG), the UK's largest independent recruitment consultancy which has been listed in the "Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For" every year since 2007.
As part of our exciting growth plans for the future, we are seeking an ambitious Recruitment Consultant to join our team of Permanent recruiters.
Building a portfolio of prospect clients, by regular business development. Sourcing and forging strong relationships with candidates and marketing them within the Logistics and Supply Chain sectors. You'll be required to use variety of sources to network with candidates, prospects and clients. As part of the Pertemps Network Group, BJD has a database in excess of 130,000 logistics and supply chain professionals to aid you in the role.
Duties will include:
• Speaking with prospects, candidates and clients to introduce BJD and understand their recruitment needs
• New business development – through marketing candidates and sourcing leads.
• Sourcing candidates across multiple channels (including online, databases, referrals)
• Interviewing candidates in a professional and purposeful manner
• Taking an active interest and keeping up-to-date with industry news and trends
• Researching the market and generating new leads
• Updating and managing a large database of logistics professionals
• Arranging and preparing candidates for interviews
• Formatting candidate CVs to the BJD standard
• Writing adverts for internet job boards
• Offering support to your colleagues.
A minimum of 18 months recruitment experience is preferable. Strong Business to Business sales background. Knowledge of logistics would be an advantage, although sector training and support will be provided. It is important that you possess:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with both clients and candidates
• Previous experience within a targeted B2B sales environment
• Competency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• A hard-working attitude and desire to succeed
• Commercial awareness
• An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Self motivation, tenacity and resilience
In return you'll receive:
• A first class training & development programme.
• Access to a suite of fully accredited REC/IRP courses
• A basic starting salary of £22 - 25K
• Uncapped commission (giving a realistic OTE of £35K in Year 1)
• 22 days holiday + Statutory (increasing to 29 days + stats)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Free parking on-site
• Supportive and friendly working environment
• Regular incentives
• Opportunities to get involved in charity or fund-raising events
• Eligibility to participate in the Pertemps Network Group Annual Award Scheme for top performers.
BJD's offices are set in a beautiful rural location near Market Harborough, commutable from Kettering, Leicester, Corby, Northampton, Rothwell, Desborough, Kibworth, Fleckney and other surrounding areas. Our employees have full access to support services and a wide range of benefits associated with being part of the Pertemps Network Group.