Remuneration: Circa £50,000 + benefits
The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced Procurement Manager for a well-established manufacturing company.
As Procurement Manager you will take full control of the purchasing function. You will effectively manage the procurement function and ensure that costs are optimised.
• Managing the purchase and delivery of materials and goods from suppliers on time and to specification.
• Strategic purchase planning and stock control
• Analysis and monitoring of supplier performance
• Negotiation of favourable terms with suppliers
• Forecasting levels of demand to ensure optimal stock levels
• Team management and coaching
• Manage vendor performance: this includes visiting vendors (estimated time spent visiting vendors 30%)
You will be an experienced Procurement Manager with a strong background of purchasing ideally within a manufacturing environment..
• Relevant Degree (engineering bias)
• CIPS qualified
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills
• Track record in building successful relationships with suppliers
• Proven ability to deliver cost savings and on-time stock delivery
• Ability to use MRP systems
• Experience of MAPICS XA (advantageous)
• Process driven
• Effective communicator
• Confident decision maker
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of circa £50,000 (dependant on experience), and benefits.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £50,000
Based in Whitstable it is commutable from:
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk