A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Transport Planner to join a fast paced 3PL provider based in Market Harborough.
The salary on offer is £35,000 depending on experience.
As Senior Transport Planner you will become a key member of the planning team based on site, planning Multiple Groupage Consignments Nationwide. For the top end of the Salary Banding you would be expected to be managing a team whilst Planning routes.
This is a dynamic, fast paced role where you will need to adjust plans to accommodate last minute changes in orders from clients.
• Planning multiple groupage routes using the system as well as manual planning where required
• Enhance profitability by highlighting cost reduction improvements and identify new opportunities
• Liaise with the team to ensure that, on time in full, service levels are consistently met and take appropriate action where necessary
• Liaising with drivers.
• Customers service and management
• Maximise backhauling to optimise fleet utilisation and profitability
• Maintaining and updating the transport management systems.
To be considered you must have a minimum of 3 years' transport planning experience, ideally gained within a Groupage environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation including drivers hours and fleet requirements
• Good geographical knowledge of the UK
• A driven transport professional with the ability work under pressure
• National CPC qualification
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £35,000 and additional benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.
Based in Market Harboroughand is commutable from:
• Market Harborough
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk