Due to consistent growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Manager for the daily running of a large FMCG multi temperature warehouse operation. The environment is predominantly food. Reporting to the Operations Manager the ideal candidate will be responsible for his own team of Supervisors, Team Leaders and Warehouse Operatives. The Salary is between £35,000 - £40,000 + package.
Monday – Friday working hours.
The Company is a large established frozen, chilled and ambient food distributor, which offers value added services.
Role & Responsibilities
The main areas are people management and operational management, ensuring that everyone is working towards the end goal.
• Responsible for all operational and site aspects of Warehousing
• Report to the Operations Manager.
• The successful candidate will take responsibility for a team of c30 Warehouse Operatives through team leaders and supervisors
• Maintain a friendly working environment whilst achieving and exceeding targets
• Ensure the operation consistently meets the requirements of the business, in terms of quality, productivity, daily and weekly operations reporting and key performance indicators
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and added value whilst key service levels are not affected.
• Candidates should be assertive whilst maintaining the respect of their team
• They should have excellent man management skills
• The successful candidate will be comfortable in challenging both upwards and downwards
• Candidate will have a quick grasp of which KPI's are essential in delivering world class standards for the business. Such standards will focus both on cost as well as quality, with the end metric being ruthlessly driven around customer experience and ‘customer obsession'
• The successful candidate will be able walk into a room and make a positive impression on his work colleagues and piers just by being there.
Based near to Whitchurch it is commutable from
Stoke on Trent
Package Benefits and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £35,000 - £40,000. This well established company offers a secure future and has created a warm and friendly working atmosphere.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding company.
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk