An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Customs Clearance Manager to join a global 3PL. On offer is a basic salary of up to £40,000 plus bonus. You will be growing this area of the business and managing the "Brexit" process and changes around Customs. You should have a good understanding of import and export commercial operations and documentation, in particular dealing with the company's in Europe.
The role is based in Dover, Kent.
A well-known international Logistics provider.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Customs Clearance Manager you will be responsible for steering the Company through Brexit from a Customs perspective. Your duties will include:
• Preparing and advising the company management in all Customs Clearance aspects relevant to Brexit
• Training new employees in relation to Custom Clearance procedures - post Brexit
• Guiding the company through AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) accreditation
• Ensuring that all necessary Custom Clearance processes post Brexit are implemented accurately and on time.
• Leading the Customs Clearance Department post Brexit
Are you a bright, sharp, articulate and confident Customs Clearance Manager, keen to work hard and develop at speed, but able to work as part of a successful team? Do you have?
• Previous experience in leading a team in an import/export operations environment
• Excellent knowledge of import/export documentation
• An interest in Brexit and what is happening?
• Problem solving skills
• Natural leader and motivator
• Experience in dealing with European operations including
• Strong customer focus
• Brilliant communicator especially when dealing with customer queries
• IT literacy
• Good planner and organiser
• Relative industry qualifications advantageous
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk