Due to consistent growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Manager for the daily running of a warehouse operation.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding people management skills and be responsible for their own team of and Warehouse Operatives and Drivers. The salary on offer is up to £25,000 with benefits.
The company we are recruiting for are a successful National Furniture Hire & Retail company looking for a Hands on Warehouse Manager to oversee the operations of a new and growing Warehouse based in Chester.
Knowledge of modern warehouse procedures is vital to the role. We are looking for someone who can respond confidently to a reactive environment, management skills and the flexibility to work with people at all levels within the organisation.
Role & Responsibilities
• Management of the fulfilment of orders (Quality Control)
• Stock and Asset Management relevant to the warehouse.
• Plan and organise warehouse activities and delegate appropriate tasks to ensure maximum efficiency is obtained
• Ensure the efficient loading, unloading of vehicles and accurate storage of furniture.
• Making sure that company procedures are followed by all warehouse employees
• Controlling and developing good working practices to increase levels of productivity
• Training, motivating and developing your team
• Encouraging a pro-active approach to Health & Safety
• Willing to undertake further training and personal development
• At least 3 years of Warehouse Management (ideally working with furniture/removals)
• Demonstrate health & safety awareness
• Supervision and training of staff
• Fork Lift Truck Licence
• First aid (Advantageous but not essential )
• Fire marshal training (Advantageous but not essential )
Based in Chester, it is commutable from
• Ellesmere Port
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £25,000 and additional benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding company.
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk