A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to join a industry leading, fast paced Heavy Haulage third party Logistics provider based in Stockport.
The salary on offer is up to £28,000 depending on experience.
Monday – Friday from 07:30 – 18:00
Every third or fourth Saturday.
As Transport Planner you will become a key member of the small but efficient planning team. You will plan routes for abnormal loads, as well as deal with HIAB Cranes, POD's, Tachographs, Driver Hours and direct customer relations as well.
This is a dynamic, fast paced role where you will need to adjust plans to accommodate vehicle size and weight.
• Planning abnormal load routes using the system as well as manual planning where required
• Customer relations
• Enhance profitability by highlighting cost reduction improvements and identify new opportunities
• Monitoring driver hours, taco's and regs.
• Maximise backhauling to optimise fleet utilisation and profitability
• Maintaining and updating the transport management systems.
To be considered you must have a minimum of 2 years' transport planning experience, ideally gained within a heavy haulage logistics.
• Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation including drivers hours and fleet requirements
• Good geographical knowledge of the UK
• A driven transport professional with the ability work under pressure
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £28,000 and additional benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.
Based in Stockport and is commutable from:
And surrounding areas.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk