A fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, face paced and independently owned Freight Forwarder. Due to growth they now require an experienced Import Coordinator to join the team at their modern offices in Chelmsford.
A salary of up to £22,000 is available dependent on skill-set and experience.
As Import Coordinator, you will be a key member for the freight forwarding team dealing with the day to day operation of the road, sea and airfreight operations, building strong working relationships with clients to ensure high levels of customer service are constantly achieved.
• Manage import bookings for road, sea and air freight shipments
• Primary point of contact for clients
• Completion and administration of all relevant documentation and ensure the systems are updated accurately.
• Liaise with suppliers and negations
• Work closely with the sales team to assist in quotations and to provide service updates
• Raising invoices on completion
To apply for the role or Import Coordinator you must have previous operational experience if Air, Sea and Road Freight, preferable with a greater empathises on Import.
• Experience of calculating rates for freight quotations
• Strong negotiation skills
• Customer service lead with the ability to develop strong customer relations
• Excellent organisational and administration skills.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of £22,000 dependent on skillset and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a highly successful Freight Forwarder.
Based in Chelmsford it is commutable from: Grays, Southen, Romford, Chigwell, Harlow, Braintree and Colcheste
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk