BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced Transport Planner to assist in the smooth running of a fast paced logistics operation. The ideal candidate would have previous experience planning nationwide routes as well as European haulage within the General Haulage industry. The position is based on site in Studley with a salary up to £28,000 dependant on experience.
A fast growing Logistics provider offering General Haulage distribution services across the continent.
Reporting to the General Manager, as Transport Planner you will be responsible for all transport related delivery and admin issues. Liaising with drivers and the planning team to ensure the operation runs smoothly and to customer expectations. Your duties will include:
• Plan routes across UK, Europe as well as domestic routes.
• Liaise with Sub contractors
• Support Operations Managers with daily tasks.
• Deal with any admin regarding any errors.
• Regularly checking through the drivers trips to monitor progress.
• Arranging any special transport requirements on behalf of sales.
• Debrief early returning drivers.
In order to apply for the position of Transport Administrator you must have experience within a Transport operation. Ideally you will be looking to progress within a Logistics Company
• General haulage planning experience, or full load planning experience.
• Proven track record of working with drivers and liaising across multiple internal functions
• European planning experience/ knowledge
• Well organised with excellent people management skills
• Driven to succeed within the Transport and Logistics industry
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £28,000 (dependent on experience). This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with a growing logistics organisation.
Based in Redditch. It is commutable from:
• Lemington Spa
• Mappleborough Green
• Stratford Upon Avon
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention