Are you a dynamic Operations Manager who is able to lead the full logistics operation of the warehouse and transport? The successful candidate for the role of Operations Manager will be based in the South Bucks district of Buckinghamshire . On offer is a competitive salary of £50,000.
The Company provides world leading lighting, equipment service and support for the global film and television production industry. They have worked with some of the world's finest crews on a steadily growing production portfolio including Jurassic Park, Star Wars and The Avengers. They are part of a world famous iconic studio.
As an Operations Manager you will have responsibility for ensuring the efficient running of the day to day operations at their large warehouse based in Iver Heath. You will be responsible to ensure operations of the warehouse are carried out in conjunction with the needs of the clients (internal and external) and the business. Your duties will also include:-
• Liaising with the other departments to prioritise off loads, refuelling of generators and vehicle returns. You will also be prioritising labour, space and truck allocations. You will ensure equipment is prepped and the right transport is supplied
• Plan personnel allocation in each prep department, ensuring sufficient cover is in place depending on current workload, allowing for sickness and holiday absences
• Working with other departments to ensure risk assessments are current and communicated
• Developing staff, carrying out new starter inductions and assisting with disciplinary investigations if and when needed
• Ensure the loading of vehicles is done to a high standard, with equipment packaged and secured appropriately to meet customer expectations.
• Ensure paperwork requirements are communicated to drivers including return signed delivery notes
To apply for the Operations Manager you must have at least 5 years managerial experience preferably within a lighting company/warehouse.
• Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be process driven with the ability to devise and communicate processes to ensure consistent high standard of delivery
• Must be able to confidently communicate with internal colleagues and external suppliers
• Experience in the lighting industry
• Be able to learn stock control inventory systems
• Be self-motivating and organising with the ability to plan workload and keep track of multiple jobs/tasks
Based near to Iver Heath it is commutable from:
• St Albans
• High Wycombe
Package Benefits and Prospects
On offer is a salary up to £50,000 plus benefits. This is an opportunity to join a company that encourages development within its workforce.
BJD & Apply
As the leading E-Commerce, Logistics & Supply Chain recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
If you are interested AND fit the criteria required please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 01858 455098 quoting Reference DS/011071
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.