This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to join a a privately-owned haulage firm based in Northamptonshire.
Shifts are 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
The growing company specialise in ADR Transport, Trucking services, Air & Sea freight and Fortec Pallet delivery.
As Transport Planner you will become a key member of the planning team based in Northamptonshire.
This is a dynamic, fast paced role where you will need to adjust plans to accommodate last minute changes in orders from clients. This role is everything in planning, from load fills, vehicle earnings to getting the vehicle from A to B; this is not just a scheduling role.
• Effective planning and utilisation of drivers
• Organising agencies and sub-contractors where necessary
• Load planning and routing for large fleet of vehicles
• Dealing with queries by telephone and email from customers
• Reporting problems and dealing with any issues / queries that may arise
• Ensuring paperwork is actioned and completed promptly
• On call every third week
To be considered you must have a minimum of 2 years' transport planning experience, ideally gained within a fast paced, logistics provider.
• Previous transport experience in a busy and demanding environment
• Be able to work effectively in a close team
• Can demonstrate problem solving, analytical and organisation skills
• Able to make decisions under pressure
• Be able to communicate well at all levels
• Be highly motivated
• PC literate in word, excel and outlook, TMS
• Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns and adaptable to meet business demands
• National CPC license
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £28,000 and additional benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.
Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, this role is commutable from:
• Milton Keynes
BJD Group are the UK's longest serving management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sectors. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk