This is a fantastic opportunity for an Transport Planner/Procurement Administrator to join a large independent recycling company for a dedicated site in North Yorkshire.
As Transport Planner and Procurement Administrator you will:
• Assist transport scheduling and route planning of all company vehicles for deliveries and collections throughout the UK and Europe
• Liaise with our current customer database and direct company calls in
• Dealing daily with drivers. Manage any customer complaints
• Monitor and plan the transportation from offsite hubs
• Assist with sourcing new hauliers and placing orders
• Raise complaints with suppliers for incoming goods where necessary
• Ensure loads are delivered on time and in full
• You will be provided with a mobile phone
• To be considered you must have a minimum of 2 years' transport planning experience. You will also need:
• Good knowledge of motorway systems and postcodes
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Team player
• Track record in customer service and transport is an advantage though not essential
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment
• Prioritise tasks effectively, meet deadlines and expectations with excellent attention to
Previous relevant experience within a similar position is required for this role coupled with excellent organisational, interpersonal and IT skills.
Must have means of transport due to location.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £24,000 and additional benefits including free parking on site, holiday leave + stat, free hearing tests, and working in a friendly team environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.
Based in Selby, this role is commutable from:
BJD Group are the UK's longest serving management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sectors. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk