There is an brand new and exciting opportunity for an experienced SHEQ Officer to manage the Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality within a food environment.
Salary for this role is between £30,000 - £40,000.
A fast growing food based operation.
In this new role of SHEQ Officer, you will ensure compliance is adhered to at all times, producing and exercising risk assessments, ensuring internal audits happen and the whole operation is running effectively.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the management and maintenance of quality, standards, health & safety and compliance
• Ensure compliance with environmental legislation
• Act as a key contact in the preparation and carrying out of customer audits
• Carry out and support internal audits to ensure standards, safety and company processes and procedures are compliant
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are in place and comply with regulations, in order to ensure safety and achieve efficiency, performance and quality
• Act as a key contact for all external regulatory bodies/agencies (BRC, HSE, Environmental, etc)
• Facilitate standardisations in line with BRC
• Oversee the delivery of the pest control model and programme
• Keep abreast of technical legislation and regulations and incorporate into our policies and practices.
• Set the standards and monitoring health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace, carry out further investigation where appropriate
• Set the standards and carrying out risk assessments and ensure accident management systems are maintained
• Lead the continuous development of health and safety systems
The ideal candidate will be ambitions and have previous experience in a similar Customer Service Management role within Logistics and Supply Chain or Food Manufacturing.
• Experience/competency in internal auditing (Essential)
• At least level 2 qualification in food hygiene
• At least level 2 HACCP trained
• NEBOSH trained – industry specific (Warehousing & Distribution)
• Experienced in the H&S executive standards as the basis for all processes and systems.
• Relevant industry experience (Warehouse & Transport)
• Experience in carrying out Risk Assessments
This role is based in Shropshire and is easily commutable from:
• Stoke on Trent
• Market Drayton
The package for this role is extremely competitive and available on request.