The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, Depot Manager for a logistics/transport provider with experience within Chilled and Frozen distribution environments. The position is based near Barnsley, with a salary of up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits.
A significant logistics solutions provider with Depots throughout the UK.
As Depot Manager you will be responsible for all the Transport and Warehouse operations and the effective and efficient running of a busy traffic office, whilst building rapport between internal departments, to ensure smooth running of the chilled fleet. Leading a team of drivers and warehouse staff in a fast paced and varied operation.
You will organise your team and fleet of vehicles to ensure performance levels are achieved and that the transport operation achieves targets within budget
• Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations
• Efficiently manage the Chilled and Frozen warehouse operation.
• Ensure the operation consistently meets the requirements of the business via management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ensure the operations comply with all relevant legislation and runs safely.
• Ensure the fleet is running efficiently
• P&L responsibility
To apply for the position of Depot Manager, you must have already had senior management responsibility for running a busy transport operation and Warehouse Function simultaneously. This experience will ideally be within a Chilled and Frozen environment.
• Demonstrable knowledge of relevant transport legislation, including tachographs and Working Time Directive (WTD)
• Excellent people management and leadership skills
• National or International CPC
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of circa £45,000 bonus, and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with successful organization within an ever changing environment where the impact of your work will be highly visible across the organization.
Based in Barnsley this role is commutable from:
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
If you are interested please email or phone 01858 455 098.