Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an aspirational Freight Import Clerk based in Essex. The Salary is up to £24,000 for the right candidate but the Company will be open to a more junior person they can train.
An International Freight Forwarder
Role & Responsibilities
To assist the Import department, working in a fast paced, busy environment, meeting the customers requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company procedures and statutory requirements to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company. There will be lots of consolidation and in part dealing with FCL's.
• Liaise / co-ordinate with internal and external customers, ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained.
• Ensure effective/timely communication with customers and employees to ensure smooth running of the department.
• Input data into computer systems as directed to ensure timely and accurate information available.
• Collate all Imports paperwork.
• Entering data into the company Freight system
• Arrange with approved carriers for transport of cargo to maximize cost effectiveness.
• Work with sales department to ensure new business is effectively brought into the branch.
The ideal candidate will come from a Freight background with a strong focus on Customer Service and experience in and Import. Air and sea freight experience and knowledge is highly desirable and the willing to succeed in a successful logistics operation.
Based in Maldon, Essex, the role is commutable from Purfleet, Grays, Basildon, Thurrock, Billericay, Chelmsford, Braintree, Colchester and Brentwood.
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk