Interim Head of Seafood Sourcing
Remuneration: £46,000 - £57,000 + benefits
Location: Grimsby or Edinburgh
The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, commercially focussed, Head of Seafood Sourcing for a highly respected and established Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB).The role may be based in either Grimsby or Edinburgh, with a salary of between £46,000 - £57,000.
An Interim Head of Seafood Sourcing is needed to support the delivery of the Corporate Plan, focused on balancing the need to secure sustainable seafood supply while satisfying the consumer demand for supply chain integrity.
As Interim Head of Seafood Sourcing you will work as part of the Operations Division Management Team and be responsible for leading and managing your team to successfully achieve deliverables in line with the organisation strategy.
You will work in partnership with stakeholders to make a difference on the issues and challenges that matter most to the seafood industry.
• Contribute to Exco decision making to maximise wider organisational performance
• Create and manage annual budget
• Manage team performance and ensure team goals are achieved
• Lead continuous improvement efforts
• Lead Responsible Sourcing projects
• Establishing a medium to long-term work programme for how to engage in growth across the UK Aquaculture sector
To apply for the position of Interim Head of Seafood Sourcing it is preferable that you have knowledge of the seafood industry and the political and social landscape within which it operates.
• Knowledge of the seafood industry and the supply chain
• Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Fisheries, Ecology, Marine Science, Aquaculture or other related field
• Demonstrated success in collaborating with other organizations and members of the industry
• Demonstrated success in managing skilled technical/research staff
• Excellent programme & project management skills including budgets.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of circa £46,000 - £57,000 (dependant on experience) and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with successful organisation within an ever changing environment where the impact of your work will be highly visible across the organisation.
Location: Grimsby or Edinburgh
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk