BJD have been engaged to find a dedicated Transport Planner for a nation transport provider. Salary on offer is up to £30,000.
The company is a well-established transport provider.
As a Transport Planner, you will be responsible for the planning of a self employed fleet of around 20-30 cars or vans, all working on trade plates in order to maintain excellent quality of delivery. You will be responsible for the effective planning and management of both inbound and outbound calls and deliveries ensuring it is executed in an efficient and cost effective manor. This must be achieved efficiently and in accordance with strict operating procedures ensuring optimum communication with clients and customers.
• Plan vehicle routes using bespoke systems as well as manual planning where required
• Enhance profitability by highlighting cost reduction improvements and identify new opportunities
• Liaise with the team to ensure that store service levels are consistently met and take appropriate action where necessary
• Produce daily collection and delivery schedules for the next working day
• Manage the mapping data to ensure the information is relevant and up to date on the system
• Management of drivers
You will be a dedicated Transport Planner used to dealing with all aspects of planning, management of self employed drivers and client management in a fast paced environment. You must have:
• National Transport planning experience is a must
• Expert geographical knowledge of UK.
• A driven transport professional willing to work hard.
• Paragon planning and routing experience and an understanding of manual planning
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Location is based in Northampton
Easily commutable from:
• Newport Pagnell
Package and Prospects
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a company who have an excellent reputation for developing talent.
On offer is a salary is up to £30,000.
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
If you are interested please phone George Weemes (01858 455098)