An experienced and pro-active Purchasing Upholstery Manager with a can do attitude is required for a leading manufacturer of luxury furniture based in London. The role has a salary of up to £50,000 + benefits
UK's leading manufacturer of luxury furniture and handcrafted luxury sofas.
We are looking for a talented individual who will be responsible for the material/fabric ordering process. You will be managing a small team of 3 material/fabric coordinators. You will support and develop the team, monitor orders and deliveries as well as ensuring the company's extensive fabric library is up to date and maintained.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the upholstery industry and have experience managing a team. This role will also include negotiating with the suppliers and it would be a huge advantage if you have good professional relationships with other professionals and suppliers in the industry.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain and develop the large in-house upholstery fabric, curtain fabric and wallpaper library. You will also be responsible for the sample service.
• Establish and develop relationships with fabric houses/reps and negotiate the best possible prices.
• Work very closely with other departments including both sales and merchandising teams so you can analyse sales and aim to grow them significantly within the business.
• Oversee all fabric purchase orders and tracking all orders with suppliers.
• Managing fabric stock, deliveries and after sales
• Recruiting skilled and talented individuals to develop your team and department
Ideally the right candidate with have relevant experience within the luxury furniture industry. We are also looking for;
• Someone highly organised with excellent administration skills
• Experience and a passion for fabrics and interiors
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• PC literate (office 2010: Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook
• Flexible (office hours are between 8.30am – 5.30pm, however, the right candidate will understand if they need to start earlier or finish later due to occasional appointments etc).
• SAP knowledge is desirable
Based in West London, it is commutable from:
Package and Prospects
This is a unique opportunity to place your mark on an organisation where the impact of your contribution will be highly visible across the company.
On offer is a salary of up to £50,000 + benefits.
As the leading Transport, Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
If you are interested please email or phone me quoting Reference DS/010730 or click the apply button, if viewing on a job board.
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.