Transport Planner Ref: HB/ 479100354
Remuneration: Up to £25,000 + benefits
Location: Milton Keynes
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to join a large, market leading 3rd Part Logistics Provider at their busy, dedicated site in Milton Keynes.
Shifts include 06,30-15,00 07.30-16.00 and 09.00-17.30 rotated between 8 planners.
There is also a requirement for On-call which is rotational between all the planners, it involves covering an on-call mobile outside of the office hours including weekends.
As Transport Planner you will become a key member of the planning team based on site in Milton Keynes. Devising cost effective routes for the 3PL fleet you will work in line with strict service and cost criteria.
This is a dynamic, fast paced role where you will need to adjust plans to accommodate last minute changes in orders from clients. This role is everything in planning, from load fills, vehicle earnings to getting the vehicle from A to B; this is not just a scheduling role.
• Planning vehicle routes using the ESP system as well as manual planning where required
• Enhance profitability by highlighting cost reduction improvements and identify new opportunities
• Liaise with the team to ensure that, on time in full, service levels are consistently met and take appropriate action where necessary
• Maximise backhauling to optimise fleet utilisation and profitability
• Maintaining and updating the transport management systems.
To be considered you must have a minimum of 2 years' transport planning experience, ideally gained within a fast paced, logistics provider.
• Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation including drivers hours and fleet requirements
• Good geographical knowledge of the UK
• A driven transport professional with the ability work under pressure
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £25,000 and additional benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.
Based in Milton Keynes it is commutable from:
• St Albans
• Letchworth Garden City
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
Ref: HB/ 479100354