Transport Operations Controller – 6 Month FTC Ref: HB/479100346
Remuneration: Up to £38,000 + shift allowance for nights.
The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, customer focussed, Transport Operations Controller to join a market leading 3rd Party Logistics provider for a 6 month fixed term contract (FTC).
The position is based in Wellingborough, with a salary of up to £38,000 + Shift allowance for nights.
There is an option of 2 shifts, either a fixed 4 on 4 off day shift OR a fixed 4 on 4 off night shift.
This position is for a busy, multi temperature food and drink distribution site, so experience in a similar environment would be beneficial.
Transport Management CPC is essential.
A large 3PL provider working within a dedicated Distribution Centre.
As Transport Operations Controller you be accountable for the day to day running of the transport operation to ensure optimal cost and service levels are achieved, with goods arriving on time in full.
As Transport Operations Controller you will support the Transport Manager and Shift Managers to ensure the fleet and operation complies with all relevant transport legislation.
• Organise the team and fleet of vehicles to ensure performance levels are achieved and that the transport operation achieves targets within budget
• Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
• Drive staff engagement utilising, team briefs and one to one's with a view to deliver continuous improvements
• Ensure the operation consistently meets the requirements of the business via management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ensure the operations comply with all relevant transport legislation and runs safely.
To apply of the positions of Transport Operations Controller you must have several years experience in a similar level role, with responsibility for a multi temperature operation.
• National and International CPC is a must.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Excellent people management, engaging and empowering staff
• Track record of delivering positive change management.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary circa £38,000 (dependant on experience) + shift allowance for nights.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract (FTC).
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with successful organisation within an ever changing environment where the impact of your work will be highly visible across the organisation.
Based in Wellingborough this role is commutable from:
And the surrounding areas
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.