Transport Operations Controller
Remuneration: Up to £40,000.
The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, customer focussed, Transport Operations Controller to join a market leading 3rd Party Logistics provider on their dedicated site.
The position is based in Wellingborough, with a salary of up to £38,000 + Shift allowance for nights.
There are 2 shifts avalible. Day or Night.
Nights - Sunday to Thursday – 10pm – 6am
Days - Monday to Friday - flexibility needed to cover 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm
This position is for a busy, multi temperature food and drink distribution site, so experience in a similar environment would be beneficial.
Transport Management CPC is essential.
A large 3PL provider working within a dedicated Distribution Centre.
As Transport Operations Controller you be accountable for the day to day running of the transport operation to ensure optimal cost and service levels are achieved, with goods arriving on time in full.
As Transport Operations Controller you will support the Transport Manager and Shift Managers to ensure the fleet and operation complies with all relevant transport legislation.
• Organise the team and fleet of vehicles to ensure performance levels are achieved and that the transport operation achieves targets within budget
• Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
• Drive staff engagement utilising, team briefs and one to one's with a view to deliver continuous improvements
• Ensure the operation consistently meets the requirements of the business via management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ensure the operations comply with all relevant transport legislation and runs safely.
To apply of the positions of Transport Operations Controller you must have several years experience in a similar level role, with responsibility for a multi temperature operation.
• National and International CPC is a must.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Excellent people management, engaging and empowering staff
• Track record of delivering positive change management.