This is a great opportunity to join a successful jewellery and retail company based in Banbury. Our client is looking to add an experienced and dynamic IT Software Developer to help facilitate the growth of the company and their brand.
This Company are a leading brand of quality jewellery, fashion and lifestyle accessories stocked in high end retailers such as Debenhams, Macey's, Harrods, and John Lewis. The brand was established in the mid 2000's within the UK and has now expanded into an international renowned brand.
This position as a Systems Developer will be exciting, fast-paced and varied – duties will include:
- Designing and maintaining a management information system (MIS) that creates unified views of business information from multiple disparate data sources
- Using cloud services to provide secure access to reporting as required
- Using management information and Business Intelligence reporting tools to create and assist others to create reports, help visualise what is happening, and prompt actionable insights
- Leading workshops and analysis sessions with various stakeholders to define reporting requirements and process improvements
- Working with management and the business to detail process and application development specifications in line with necessary security requirements
- Reviewing processes, understanding user interaction with systems and delivering best practice approaches to multiple operations in the business (production, purchasing, finance, customer service) to improve UX
- Developing and coordinating the creation of user guides and standard operating procedures
- Understanding data structures and quality in source systems and writing, running and automating data extracts
- Loading, cleansing and combining extracts into the MI and related databases
- Working with the teams using source systems and with suppliers to improve the quality of source data
- Assisting with the creation, delivery and maintenance of the MIS strategy
- Analysing and resolving general technical business issues
- Delivering what was promised with the desired quality, timescale, and budget
The right candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment to plan, coordinate, test and then implement updates to existing systems as well as new systems. They will also enjoy problem-solving and have experience in a wide variety of business processes, applications and data structures. Development will be done in partnership with a third party SQL developer.
You will be someone who enjoys operating at both strategic and hands-on level with the ambition and focus to drive improvement in a rapidly growing company. As our ideal candidate, you will have the skills to lead, influence and motivate others. You will be a natural self-starter with the ambition and flexibility to thrive in a continually changing environment.
- Experience in designing, managing and using management information databases on Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Microsoft cloud products (Azure, SharePoint etc)
- Experience of using SSIS
- Experience of developing in and for Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, SSRS, and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Good organisational, estimation and administration skills
- Good practical problem-solving skills, involving databases
- Good at defining and following processes
- The ability to guide and train various stakeholders to use management information
- The ability to read, design and use data models
- A self-starter with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently when required
- Flexibility in regards to scope of work and keen to learn new skills and technologies
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Visual Studio .net (web and application)
- MS-SQL / Server Administration
- Microsoft Cloud Services
Package & Prospects:
On offer is an excellent package with a salary up to £45,000 plus benefits.
This an excellent opportunity to develop your career with an employer highly recognised for the development and welfare of their staff.
Based in Banbury it is commutable from:
Royal Leamington Spa
If you are interested please email or phone me quoting Reference DS/011246.