Transport First Line Manager
Are you an experienced Transport First Line Manager looking for an opportunity to work with a leading 3rd Party Logistics organisation?
Our client is looking for Transport First Line Manager who has excellent man management skills and experience in a FMCG environment.
The role is based in Lutterworth with a salary of up to £28,000, depending on experience.
This role is offering shift work any 5 out of 7. There is an option for either, fixed early shifts 06.00-14.00 or fixed late shifts 14.00 – 22.00.
A Leading 3PL
As a Transport First Line Manager you will support the Transport Manager in the day to day running of a busy transport operation.
You will ensure KPIs are achieve along with high quality and cost efficient service inline with all relevant transport and H&S legislation.
• Understand the customer's operational needs and ensuring that the correct procedures are in place within the transport team while working to KPI's
• Maintain excellent relationships with suppliers to ensure continued cost effectiveness and supplier service
• Work with the transport team ensuring correct and efficient route planning
• Ensure legal compliance and legislations is correct
• Provide successful on-site management and take full responsibility for the team including development of driver and the team through succession planning.
• Monitor vehicle maintenance and service costs
• Accident and damage investigation and reporting
• Store all transport documentation in an accurate and orderly manner
You will be an experienced Transport First Line Manager with experience within a transport environment, preferably in FMCG or food and drink logistics environment.
• Excellent man management / employee engagement skills gained in a management level role.
• Strong knowledge of Telematics systems.
• A CPC would be desirable but not essential.
• Logistics Management qualification would be desirable but not essential.
• Excellent customer and client facing experience
• Commercially aware
• Strong administrative skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation including drivers hours and fleet requirements
• Good geographical knowledge of UK
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £28,000, company benefits and pension.
This is also an excellent opportunity to join a market leading organisation that can offer unrivalled potentials for career progression.
Based near Lutterworth it is commutable from:
And the surrounding areas.
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to
set up your free subscription now.