A great opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner to join a Logistics Operation based in St Albans.
The Company are looking for a Transport Planner, to specifically operate a trailer fleet of over 50 vehicles across the UK.
The Transport Planner role would suit someone with trailer planning experience across the UK but is also adaptable to build and maintain haulier relationships. The company you will be working for are a growing company with a planning team already in place.
The company operate a mixed fleet of vehicles including Trailers and Containers and offer part and full loads.so an understanding of multiple sectors would be a benefit. The company are looking to expand in the near future and are aiming to operate more vehicles.
There will also be opportunity in the future for the right candidate to develop and grow throughout the business.
Transport Planner - Responsibilities include:
• Planning and routing Nationwide deliveries/collections alongside the Transport Planning team.
• Assist with sourcing return load traffic.
• Managing a fleet of drivers with strong leadership.
• Assist with any other traffic office duties.
• Compiling and processing POD's.
To be considered for the role of Transport Planner you must have a minimum of 3 years' transport planning experience, ideally gained within a fast paced Logistics Provider.
• Good geographical knowledge of UK Road networks
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent eye for detail
• Relevant and up-to-date knowledge of all matters relating to the job purpose
• Able to work to deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Knowledge EU driver hours and working time regulations
• Flexible and adaptable and be prepared to train and enhance other skills
• Clear & proven understanding and knowledge of all matters relating to the job purpose.
• Relevant and up-to-date knowledge of all matters relating to the job purpose.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £30,000 and additional benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.
Location is St Albans – Commutable from:
Hatfield, Watford, High Wycombe, Luton, Welwyn Garden City, Cheshunt, Enfield, Edgeware, Hatfield, Hoddesdon