Warehouse Shift Manager - 6 Month FTC
Remuneration: up to £38,000 (DOE)
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Shift Manager to join a market leading 3rd Party Logistics distributor for a 6 month FTC. The role is based in Wellingborough at their dedicated food distribution site.
Salary is up to £38,000 per annum (DOE) + shift allowance for night shifts.
There are various shifts on offer, days or nights
5 out of 7
4 on 4 off.
As Warehouse Shift Manager you will be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of colleagues across the business. You will provide efficiency and performance through outstanding people management skills and focus on areas such as development and engagement of the team.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Management of an operational function, ensuring strong decision making to deliver efficient and effective service.
• Responsible for the control of Health and Safety
• Identify, propose and manage resources for the operational function to deliver is objectives
• Complete all reports as requested for the General Manager
• Review, resolve and report any specific performance issues
• Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies
• Responsible for KPI Targets in the Operation to ensure a cost efficient and service focused department
To be considered for the role as Warehouse Shift Manager you must have several years' Warehouse operational management experience:
• Retail, Food and Drink experience / FMCG is advantageous in this role
• Excellent people manager with good communications skills plus the ability to communicate objectives and information, inspiring the team to deliver
• Able to add value through an engaging management style.
• Strong commercial knowledge, ability to realise efficiency savings
• Enhanced customer relationship experience
• Experienced and competent with WMS.
Package & Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £38,000, per annum. This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract with the potential to go perm.
This an excellent opportunity to develop your career with an employer highly recognised for the development and welfare of their staff.
Based in Wellingborough and is commutable from:
And the surrounding areas
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.