Remuneration: Up to £27,000 - Depending on experience
Due to strong growth BJD Group has been engaged to find a dynamic and experienced Production Planner. The role is based near Parley Green with a salary of up to £27,000 (depending on experience).
Leading engineering company.
Working closely with Sales, Project Management and Purchasing Teams, you will take responsibility for capacity planning, scheduling and work flow of the production and sub-contract process. Your goal is to streamline processes and improve efficiency through identifying and implementing a structured control and monitoring system.
• Develop and maintain a capacity planner for internal production and external sub-contract processes
• Scheduling and communicating work load to assembly teams – based on Sales Order Bill of Materials
• Responsible for defining and setting work rates and performance targets for shop floor operations
• Ensure agreed delivery dates are met and determine capacity to fill new orders
• Identify requirements for any additional resources to meet business needs
• Identify and implement (with approval), improvements in manufacturing methodologies and practices
• Create and issue jobs to shop floor
• Monitor and control ongoing costs
• Attend production meetings to monitor status of all open projects and their delivery target dates
• Process sales orders to generate works orders – to – purchase orders, in order to facilitate successful ‘Make' or ‘Buy' decisions
• Complete open operations on jobs to meet deadlines
• Ensure overall shop floor housekeeping standards are maintained
To apply for this opportunity you must have a minimum of 3 years production planning experience in a manufacturing environment. You must also possess.
• Proven analytics problem solving with a great attention to detail.
• Strong numerical skills, confident and knowledgeable with spreadsheets and production/costing templates.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and work calmly under pressure
• Be self-motivated and be able to work independently as well as part of wider team
• Ability to multi-task
• Good experience working with MRP Systems
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £27,000. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a successful organisation.
Based in Christchurch it is commutable from Poole, Parley, Bournemouth
As the leading Logistics and Supply Chain recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to delivering resourcing solutions to clients needs.
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.